17 Random Acts for #WorldKindnessDay from Watson's
Posted on 13 November 2015
by Tara Pietrykowski
But where to start?
I’m glad you asked! Here’s a list of random acts of kindness that you can practice today, straight from the staff at Watson’s Bodywear:
- Give up your seat on public transportation. No, not just to the old, infirm or pregnant. To anyone.
- Get coffee for the interns at work that are usually tasked with getting coffee for everyone else.
- Email your parents. Thank them profusely. For everything.
- If your parents suck, email the person who has always been there for you.
- Be there for somebody.
- Tell a stranger in a dressing room who’s shopping alone that they look great in that outfit.
- Be gentle with animals.
- Give a positive review to something online. Choose the last restaurant you ate at, hotel you stayed in or salon you visited for a haircut.
- Pick 3 items out of your closet that you never wear and donate them.
- Write a friend's name in the sand at the beach while you're on holiday and send them a picture so they know you thought of them.
- Smile at a mother whose baby is crying in public. Everyone else is scowling at her.
- Be happy for others.
- Compliment an older person’s outfit, hair or makeup. Compliments can come few and far between as we age.
- Make a list of your 50 favorite things about a friend who is going through a hard time. Snail mail it to them.
- Like someone’s selfies on Facebook. We know you hate selfies but it’ll make that person feel great.
- Let someone cut in front of you in line at the grocery store.
- Above all, be silly. With yourself, with the people you love and especially with strangers.